Spain has introduced legislation that awards a residency visa for any international investor spending ai??i??500,000 or more on a property or portfolio of properties in Spain.
The visa legislation has now been passed by the Spanish parliament. We will be publishing information here which we hope will be helpful for those considering residency in Spain.
This visa grants residency in Spain, can be renewed until five years until it then becomes permanent at which point citizenship and a Spanish passport can be applied for.
Spain region guide
We have published information on key regions in Spain where we offer property above ai??i??500,000 that will qualify buyers for the investor visa and residency. They are listed in our left hand menu or visit our brief overview of Spanish regions for residency. Each region has its own merits and will suit differing investors based on their personal circumstances. But this is just an overview and for such an important decision we advise a more in depth discussion and analysis with one of our experts. With over eight years experience selling to the international market we have a wealth of knowledge and experience of Spain and we have staff that can best advise you. So please feel free to contact us regarding your own personal circumstances and objectives
Key points for spanish investment visa
- Minimimum investment of ai??i??500,000
- Investment can be in several properties
- Spanish residency visa granted to immediate family members(spouse and children up to 18 years)
- No minimum stay requirement to renew visa (ie optional to live in Spain)
- Renewable for first five years
- No minimum stay means no necessity to be tax resident
- Permanent residency can be applied for after five years
- Property investment can be sold once permanent residency obtained
- Visa allows unlimited travel throughout EU Schengen visa zone
- Application takes a maximum 20 days
- Investment must be made before application
- Positive acceptance (usually only a criminal record will prevent acceptance)
- Citizenship in Spain can be granted after five further years permanent residency
- With Spanish citizenship comes automatic EU citizenship.
- At that point (10 years) family can live, work and study anywhere within Europe.
- Add tax and stamp duty in Spain to any property purchase. Typically an additional 10%.
These are key points and not a full legal guide to the investor visa. Each applicant should seek comprehensive advice on their personal circumstances through ourselves and our affiliated lawyers.
Please contact us for further details.